In this month’s Degustabox, I received a box of Sam Mills Gluten Free Corn & Quinoa Pasta. This was my first time trying a gluten free pasta, and I was pleasantly surprised! I thought it would have an awful “fake” taste, but it was a great substitute. The texture was similar to regular pasta and the flavor was very good. It is easy to overcook this pasta, however, and can get mushy if you’re not careful while cooking it.
I love sweet potatoes and kale combined together, and with this pasta you’ve got yourself a complete, gluten free, healthy meal!
- 1 8oz box of Sam Mills Gluten Free Corn & Quinoa Fusilli Pasta
- 2 heaping handfuls of raw kale, washed and chopped
- 1 baked sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Wildtree Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to box instructions and drain.
- In a separate skillet, heat the oil over med-high heat and simmer the garlic for a minute.
- Add kale and sweet potatoes to the skillet. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour 1/2 cup of water into the skillet and cover.
- Once the kale is wilted down, add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss all of the ingredients together.
The other amazing products I received in this month’s Degustabox included:
- popCORNers Carnival Kettle popped corn chips
- Sparkling Bitters sparkling water
- Toosum oatmeal bar
- BustaNUT! peanuts
- Entenmann’s Little Bites chocolate chip mini muffins
- Nando’s Peri-Peri sauce
- English Provender chutney
- Michel et Augustin butter cookies
- Hak’s One Pot Cooking Sauce
- Zolli Drops